Wedding season is upon us! Whether you’re the bride, groom, family of the couple or in the wedding party, this is a time filled with love, excitement and celebrations. There is a lot that goes into making your wedding day picture-perfect, and one of the biggest decisions a bride has to make is saying yes to the dress. Once you find the dress of your dreams, you need to make sure to take very special care of it. Here are some tips for caring for your gown both before and after you say “I Do”:
Protecting Your Dress Before the Big Day:
- Make sure to hang your dress on a padded hanger, not a plastic one. Hang it as high as possible (even on the back of a door if needed)
- Store your dress in a cool, dry area. Keep it in the dress bag it came in until a few days before your wedding day, then remove from the bag so that the skirt can begin to release some wrinkles
- If your dress has a lot of wrinkles leading up to your big day, bring it in to a professional to care for it – different materials require different methods for releasing wrinkles
Preserving the Memory After the Big Day:
- It is best to bring your dress to a dry cleaner as soon as possible (definitely within a month of your wedding). This way any stains on the dress won’t have as much time to set
- Have your cleaner pack your dress in a special storage box made specially for gowns. This will help eliminate any chance for contamination
- Store your dress within the box in a cool, dry place, NOT in the basement or attic
Let the Experts at BridalCare by Fabricare Help
Our team of experts at BridalCare by Fabricare clean and preserve even the most intricate gowns. We know how special your wedding dress is, so we treat every gown like it were our own.
We have a gown specialist that will thoroughly inspect your gown for any potential issues, necessary repairs, and will evaluate it for the best cleaning method. Prior to cleaning, we test the fabric, beads and embellishments to ensure a safe cleaning.
After cleaning, the gown is thoroughly inspected again and is re-cleaned, if necessary. Once approved by our Inspection Department, the gown goes to finishing where it is made to look like it did the day of your wedding and then preserved in the best type of preservation box to ensure your dress remains as beautiful as the day you walked down the aisle.
Learn more at bridalcarebyfabricare.net